Saturday, April 25, 2009

Babies Galore


We have had quite an influx of babies come to our home since spring has sprung...

A Carolina Chickadee has managed to nest in the small house perched on the back porch. A nest of what I believe to be Robin's have built a nest in the shed right above the lawn mower. The most unusual place we have welcomed babies to our home has been on the front porch in my spider plant that is hanging from the roof. I believe the mommy bird of this nest is either a Wren or a Sparrow??

I have managed to capture photos of the Chickadees and the mommy nesting on the front porch. She has been the most enjoyable to take photos of. Although none are actually of her, I have taken pictures of the nest from the very beginning all the way through her current four egg status. She's very skittish and bolts every time I go near her nest.

Enjoy the photos......that's why I have taken them.....they have been a joy for me to take.




These are pictures of the baby that has since taken flight.



Here are stage pictures of the nest from beginning through four eggs











0 comments: